We’re all familiar with the horrendous pictures of Britney Spears and her dodgy hair extensions. I can appreciate how shocking and devastating it must be to discover such damage to your own hair. I also understand how this can make hair extension virgins increasingly cautious about trying them.
As long as hair extensions are installed by a qualified experienced professional and you follow the correct after-care procedures you should experience no damage to your own hair. It is also essential to have regular maintenance sessions every 4-6 weeks.I am asked on a regular basis if hair extensions cause damage and if you follow our advice the answer is a definite NO!!! If that was the case, I wouldn’t have a successful business nor regular clients who return to me year after year.
And if hair extensions cause as much damage as these reports speculate, then why would so many famous celebrities continue to wear them? After all, their image plays a vital role in their careers and their hair is a huge part of this. The answer is that they always ensure they go to a reputable hair extension technician and then continue to look after their hair extensions properly after fitting.
Yes, it is a sad fact that there are an increasing number of unqualified, unregulated and inexperienced technicians out there. People who are all too ready to take your money and provide you with nothing but poor quality hair and many problems to follow. However, hair extensions can be a life changing, fabulous and COMPLETELY SAFE fashion accessory when used correctly.
So how do you avoid the unscrupulous cowboys? Simply follow this advice:
- Only use HABIA qualification approved technicians who can prove this with genuine certificates
- Make sure your technician is insured. An extensionist can only get relevant insurance if they have completed approved training courses. Again, any decent technician will be more than happy to show you their relevant documentation to prove this
- Ensure your technician offers you a consultation to ascertain whether you are suitable for hair extensions
- Not all methods are suitable for everyone. By choosing a technician who offers more than one method you’re more likely to get the extensions best suited to you and your hair type
- Be sure to see photos of the technicians previous work
- Invest in high quality hair extensions
- Follow all after-care instructions carefully
- Have regular maintenance sessions (approx. every 4-6 weeks)
- Always have your extensions removed by a professional technician
iLove Hair Extensions provide you with all of the above and more. Contact us for professionally installed beautiful hair extensions that won’t cause damage to your hair.