- Treat your Hair Extensions in the same way and with the same respect as you would natural long hair
- When brushing your Hair Extensions, always go gently and work from the bottom upwards
- Only use a proper Hair Extension Brush or Tangle Teezer near your bonds or Micro Rings. These are designed to gently glide over the attachments without causing any damage.
- Always brush out all knots before washing your Hair Extensions
- Wash your hair upright with the water running down your back (i.e standing in a shower etc)
- Only use a shampoo that is suitable for Hair Extensions
- Use a good quality conditioner on the mid-lengths and ends only
- Apply a leave-in conditioner / protein spray after washing and before styling. Because the Hair Extensions will not receive your natural scalp oils, they will need to have moisture replaced regularly on the mid-lengths and ends. Lack of moisture will cause your Hair Extensions to become brittle and break easily leading to split and ratty ends.
- Try to tie your hair in a loose ponytail or plait before bed to avoid tangles
- Separate your bonds / Micro Rings with your fingers regularly to help discourage and tangles in your new hair growth
- Wash your hair as soon as possible after swimming to avoid damage to your Hair Extensions and bonds / rings
- Ensure you have regular maintenance checks (recommended every 4-6weeks)
- Do not wash your hair for at least 48 hours after having your Hair Extensions fitted. This will allow them time to set and relax
- Never use a shampoo that contains silicone or a silicone derivative like Dimethicone etc. This will break down your bonds and will cause the Hair Extensions to slip out
- Never get conditioner on your bonds or Micro Rings. This will break down your bonds or clog up your rings and will cause the Hair Extensions to slip out
- Avoid getting styling products (especially those containing silicone) on your bonds as this can also cause the bonds to weaken which may cause the Hair Extensions to slip out
- Don’t wash your hair upside down (i.e tipping your head over a bath). This will put additional strain on your roots and bonds / rings. It will also cause tangling.
- Do not colour, chemically straighten or perm your extensions
- Don’t brush harshly or tug the Hair Extensions as it can loosen and damage the connections
- Don’t twist, wring or rub the extensions when wet – always squeeze excess water out instead. The same applies when towel drying
- DON’T PICK at the bonds or Micro Rings!
- Avoid washing your Hair Extensions more than 2 or 3 times a week. The top of your hair (crown and front area) can be washed more frequently if necessary. Alternatively, dry shampoo (i.e Batiste) is great for freshening up Hair Extensions in between washes.
- Shampoo: Balmain hair extension shampoo
- Conditioner: L’Oreal professionel serie expert absolut repair masque
- Oil / serum: L’Oreal Mythic Oil or Kerastase Elixir Ultime
- Tools: Tangle Teezer & Denman bristle brush
iLove Hair Extensions can accept no liability for damage to either your own hair or extension hair due to negligence on the part of the client. It is of paramount importance that clients follow all aftercare advice thoroughly using appropriate products and styling techniques. Regular maintenance appointments are necessary for both the health of your own hair and the general up-keep of the quality of the extensions. Removal should always be carried out by an experienced professional using the correct products. We cannot be held responsible for any issues if hair extensions supplied by us have been maintained or removed by another extensionist.
PLEASE DO NOT HESITATE TO CONTACT US IF YOU HAVE ANY FURTHER QUESTIONS
Mobile Hair Extensionist / Mobile Hair Extension Technician providing Hair Extensions for Hertfordshire (Herts), Bedfordshire (Beds), Cambridgeshire (Cambs), Essex, North London and East London.
Some of the areas we cover include:
Milton Keynes, Newport Pagnell, Bedford, Northampton, Wellingborough, Peterborough, St. Neots, Biggleswade, Sandy, Potton, Huntingdon, St. Ives, Cambourne, Cambridge, Newmarket, Saffron Walden, Stansted, Bishops Stortford, Sawbridgeworth, Ongar, Epping, Loughton, Buckhurst Hill, Woodford Green, Chigwell, Romford, Hornchurch, Basildon, Brentwood, Upminster, South Ockendon, Thurrock, Grays, Chafford Hundred, Ware, Hoddesdon, Broxbourne, Waltham Abbey, Barnet, Enfield, Finchley, Borehamwood, Elstree, Radlett, Watford, Rickmansworth, Bushey, Potters Bar, Muswell Hill, Edgware, Islington, St. Albans, Harpenden, Luton, Dunstable, Hatfield, Welwyn, Welwyn Garden City, Hertford, Harlow, Royston, Buntingford, Baldock, Shefford, Arlesey, Stotfold, Hitchin, Letchworth, Stevenage, Knebworth, Ampthill, Flitwick.
Alternatively you can have your hair extensions fitted at our base in Potton, Bedfordshire.